In today’s fast paced society it is imperative that we find ways to maintain balance and relieve stress so we can feel good and be happy! Bliss Through Bodywork can help you do just that. There are many benefits of receiving massage and bodywork sessions and scientists continue to discover and reveal new benefits. Listed below are some of the conditions massage is useful for. Massage can:
- Alleviate low-back pain.
- Improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Relieve depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins — amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
- Reduce cortisol levels — which have been associated with belly fat and high stress.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
- Preterm infants have improved weight gain.
Manage Stress – Emotional Balance & Better Quality of Life
Massage is powerful. Regardless of the adjectives we assign to it (pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management), massage therapy can be a game changer.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress related. And high stress ages us, internally and externally, perhaps faster than anything. While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may seem idealistic, massage can, without a doubt, help manage stress. This translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- More energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Furthermore, clients often report a sense of perspective and clarity after receiving a massage. The emotional balance massage and bodywork provides can often be just as vital and valuable as the more tangible physical benefits.
Massage Improves Mood and Sleep
Benefits of Touch
The enormous benefits of touch range from treating chronic diseases, neurological disorders, and injuries, to alleviating the tensions of modern lifestyles. Consequently, the medical community is actively embracing bodywork, and massage is becoming an integral part of hospice care and neonatal intensive care units. Many hospitals are also incorporating on-site massage practitioners and even spas to treat post-surgery or pain patients as part of the recovery process. This is the perfect time to step away from your busy life and add all the enormous benefits of touch.
Elevate Your Benefits & Stay Youthful with Frequent Visits
Getting massage therapy frequently can elevate these benefits even more! This is the beauty of massage. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you’ll be and how youthful you’ll remain with each passing year. And who doesn’t want to be more youthful?
Budgeting time and money for massage at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health. And remember: just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan, and your practitioner will work with you to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs.